- Todd Stephens' Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild!, currently in post, is eyeing a summer release. Hope you weren't too attached to the original cast though; only Jonah Blechman (as Nico) returns.
- See what Dancing With the Stars can do to you? Former 90210-er Ian Ziering plays Heather Graham's gay obstetrician in Baby on Board.
- Rev. Troy Perry, the founder of the first church to recognize the spiritual needs of the gay community, is the focus of the documentary Call Me Troy.
- A Four Letter Word, a rom com starring Dante's Cove's Charlie David, will hit theaters in March.
- Eytan Fox's Gad will tell the true story of Gad Beck, sort of a gay Jewish Oskar Schindler.
- Some people aren't too happy about certain changes made to Michael Chabon's The Mysteries of Pittsburgh in its journey from the page to the screen.
- Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom is the unlikely title of the big screen spin-off of the popular LOGO television series.
- Check out the new trailer for Shelter, the gay surfer love story starring Brad Rowe.
- Never thought I'd say this, but Smiley Face is Gregg Araki's new ... comedy?
- Coffee Date director Stewart Wade's latest, Tru Loved, focuses on the teenage daughter of lesbian parents who wants to set up her high school's first Gay-Straight Alliance. Gay faves Jane Lynch, Bruce Vilanch and Alec Mapa co-star in the dramedy, which recently screened at the Sedona International Film Festival, along with two more documentaries, Water Flowing Together and Semper Fi, One Marine's Journey.
- The influential queer graffiti artist is spotlighted in the documentary The Universe of Keith Haring.
- And finally: Wild Reeds director André Téchiné's new film, The Witnesses, set in France during the dawn of the AIDS crisis, is currently playing in limited engagements.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Queer as Film 2008
Who says there's a dearth of gay-themed films? One just has to know where to look for them (art houses, film festivals, DVD stores). Here's a rundown of the latest queer cinema coming soon in 2008: