Object of our affection: Gwyneth Paltrow, actress.
- She won an Oscar, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild Award and even an MTV Movie Award for her role as the cross-dressing actress who put Shakespeare in Love.
- Prior to that triumph, she played the ill-fated wife in Seven and the Jane Austen matchmaker in Emma, winning a Satellite Award for the latter.
- She has starred in everything from thrillers (A Perfect Murder, The Talented Mr. Ripley) to comedies (The Royal Tenenbaums, Shallow Hal) to biopics (Sylvia, Infamous, Running With Scissors).
- Following the London production of Proof, she reprised her performance in the movie version, receiving a Golden Globe nomination.
- She takes on the "Lois Lane" role in this week's Iron Man, playing Virginia "Pepper" Pots.