- Sneaking in a week before a certain other comic book hero is Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Guillermo del Toro's sequel to his super sleeper hit from four years ago. This creature feature stars Ron Perlman as the cigar-chomping big guy of the title (who also likes kitties), along with Selma Blair as his fiery femme fatale.
- Brendan Fraser takes a Journey to the Center of the Earth, a 3-D remake of the Jules Verne sci-fi classic. Bridge to Terabithia's Josh Hutcherson co-stars in this special effects laden adventure flick.
- Eddie Murphy is the miniature extra-terrestrial captain of a human-sized spaceship that looks like ... Eddie Murphy in Meet Dave, otherwise known as the movie you'll be skipping this weekend.
- Guy Pearce is legendary magician Harry Houdini and Catherine Zeta-Jones is the psychic enchantress out to con him in Gillian Armstrong's Death Defying Acts.
- In The Stone Angel, a feisty Ellen Burstyn is on the run from being put in a nursing home; Ellen Page and Transamerican cutie Kevin Zegers play young lovers.
- And finally: Spencer Breslin is Harold, a prematurely balding high school student just trying to fit in; Nikki Blonsky (in her first feature since Hairspray) is his best pal. This comedy, co-starring Ally Sheedy and an afro-ed Cuba Gooding Jr., looks like fun.
UPDATE: And now you'll really be skipping Meet Dave this weekend: AfterElton.com reports on its questionable gay content.Visit Fandango - Search movie showtimes and buy tickets!