Idol worship: Alec Mapa, actor/comedian.
- As "America's Gaysian Sweetheart" (self-proclaimed), he is a multi-talented actor of stage and screen and a very very funny comedian, who is also an advocate for several GLBT and Asian American causes.
- Remember R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion" video? He was the boy tied to a tree with an arrow piercing his heart. Talk about your show biz debut!
- In addition to his own stand-up specials, he co-starred in the short-lived, based-on-Kiss Me, Guido sitcom Some of My Best Friends Are. Other television appearances include recurring roles on Desperate Housewives (as Vern, Gabrielle's gay pal) and Ugly Betty (as fabulous fashionista Suzuki St. Pierre); he also recently hosted LOGO's reality/dating show Transamerican Love Story.
- At the movies, he has had small but memorable roles in Bright Lights, Big City; Connie and Carla; Dirty Laundry; You Don't Mess with the Zohan and current festival fave Tru Loved.
- It has been an eventful week for him: not only did he just celebrate a birthday, he is being honored by the Philadelphia International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival tonight as their "2008 Entertainer of the Year". Get her.