Saturday, August 9, 2008

Potent Quotables: Matthew Goode on Playing Gay

Matthew Goode, star of the current Brideshead Revisited and the upcoming Watchmen, in an interview with Planet Out:

"I do find it strange that in this day there are some actors who take the position that they can't take this-or-that gay role because their fan base wouldn't like it. I say to them, "Shut up!" Why would I give a sh*t? A good script is a good script.

But I count myself lucky because my mother always had gay friends and when I went to university and studied drama I found myself with a lot of close gay friends, so acceptance came naturally to me. Love is love. If people want to be happy, then f*cking let them. Whose business is it anyway?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tHATS IT S A GOOD THOUGTH I LIKE THE WORK ABOUT THIS ACTOR HE IS A VERY TALENTET ACTOR

Anonymous said...

oh he's very handsome and I respect his point of view.