Crush object: Russell Crowe, actor.
- After bursting onto the international cinematic scene with his powerful performance as a racist skinhead in Romper Stomper, he showed his softer side as the gay son of a very excepting father in The Sum of Us.
- Hollywood came calling and he starred in such All-American film genres as the western (The Quick and the Dead), sci-fi (Virtuosity), crime drama (L.A. Confidential) and sports comedy (Mystery, Alaska).
- He received his first of three consecutive Academy Award nominations for his mesmerizing turn as Big Tobacco whistleblower Jeffrey Wigand in The Insider; he would win the Oscar the following year as the Gladiator known as Maximus Decimus Meridius. His schizophrenic math genius John Nash in A Beautiful Mind rounded out his Oscar hat-trick; he won the BAFTA, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for the latter.
- Other recent films include Proof of Life, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Cinderella Man, A Good Year and his two hits from last year, 3:10 to Yuma and American Gangster.
- He stars in this week's political thriller Body of Lies, and will next be seen in the all-star crime drama State of Play and the Robin Hood tale Nottingham, in which he will reportedly play both the Prince of Thieves and his nemesis, the Sheriff of Nottingham.