- Zack and Miri Make a Porno: The latest from Kevin Smith has endured poster scandals, title angst and prudish theater owners, but the not-so-X rated comedy (starring Seth Rogen -- who was born to be in a Smith film -- and Elizabeth Banks) is finally here. And hey, they'll even give you a porn name of your very own!
- My Name is Bruce: Not to be confused with They Call Me Bruce? (shudder), this wacky horror comedy stars cult icon Bruce Campbell as Bruce Campbell out to save a small town from an immortal evil. And the Ash man even directs! Watch the groovy trailer here.
- The Other End of the Line: Rom com starring Desperate hunk Jesse Metcalfe as a guy who falls for a girl (Sara Foster) over the phone; trouble is, she's an India-based call center operator. Talk about your long distance relationships.
- The Haunting of Molly Hartley: Haley Bennett is the title character, the new kid at school (with the proverbial deadly secret) who falls for the BMOC, played by Gossip Girl hottie Chace Crawford.
- Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father: A documentary filmmaker trying to memorialize his murdered friend discovers that the woman who killed him was pregnant with his late friend's son. Watch the heart-breaking trailer here.
- And last (and least, according to Chris' review): The Gay Bed and Breakfast of Terror. See it in theaters before it hits DVD in about three weeks (seriously, it comes out November 18).
Thursday, October 30, 2008
The Latest in Theaters: Zack & Miri & Bruce & Jesse
Not everything will be spooks and scares this Halloween weekend at the movies; there will also be some laughs, a little romance and maybe a tear or two in this week's new releases: