Object of our affection: Rachel Weisz, actress.
- Her early career consisted of roles in several British television productions (Inspector Morse, The Scarlet and the Black) and small film roles (Stealing Beauty, Bent).
- Chain Reaction was her first lead in a feature, but her breakout role was as resourceful librarian Evelyn "Evie" Carnahan in The Mummy; she reprised the part in the first sequel, The Mummy Returns, but bowed out of this year's third go-round.
- Her next big hit was About a Boy, followed by her greatest success in The Constant Gardener, for which she won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe and several other awards.
- Other films she has starred in include Sunshine, Beautiful Creatures, Enemy at the Gates, The Shape of Things, Runaway Jury, The Fountain (directed by her fiancé, Darren Aronofsky), Fred Claus and Definitely, Maybe.
- After next week's con man comedy The Brothers Bloom, she'll be seen in three movies next year: the Roman epic Agora and two literary adaptations, The Lovely Bones and Dirt Music. Plus, she'll star as Blanche DuBois in a West End revival of A Streetcar Named Desire next summer.
UPDATE: Make that four in '09 for Rachel: The Brothers Bloom has been bumped until next May.