Object of our affection: Emily Blunt, actress.
- She made her film debut in 2003's Boudica (a.k.a. Warrior Queen) and received raves that same year for her performance as Catherine Howard in the British mini-series Henry VIII.
- Her breakout role was as Tamsin in the lesbian-themed My Summer of Love, which won her and her co-star Nathalie Press a joint Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer.
- The following year, she won a Golden Globe for her performance in the dramatic TV movie Gideon's Daughter. But it was her scene-stealing role as the materialistic fashionista Emily in The Devil Wears Prada that has brought her the most acclaim to date, including another Globe nomination.
- Since, she has co-starred in The Jane Austen Book Club, Dan in Real Life and Charlie Wilson's War, and joins Amy Adams in the black comedy Sunshine Cleaning, opening next week.
- Her many upcoming films include the historical drama The Young Victoria (as Queen Victoria), the action comedy Wild Target, the horror remake The Wolf Man, an update of Gulliver's Travels, the animated romance Gnomeo and Juliet and possibly Iron Man 2 (as the sultry super spy Black Widow).