Idol worship: Don Ross, writer/director/producer.
- He paid his dues writing scripts for such TV series as Hart to Hart, The Colbys and Matlock.
- Turning to features, he contributed the screenplays to Single White Female, Love Field, Boys on the Side and the 1996 remake of Diabolique.
- His directorial debut, The Opposite of Sex, netted him two Independent Spirit Awards, for Best First Feature and Best Screenplay.
- Since, he has written and directed Bounce and Happy Endings, produced All Over the Guy and scripted the hit Marley & Me. His next film, Love & Other Impossible Pursuits, will be released later this year.
- Next month, he will be honored by Outfest with their 13th Annual Outfest Achievement Award, which is "presented in recognition of a body of work that has made a significant contribution to LGBT film and media".
With this 100th post, Out in Film will be going on hiatus for the immediate future.