Object of our affection: Sandra Bullock, actress/producer.
- Early television work included Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman and the part of Tess McGill in the short-lived TV version of Working Girl.
- Film roles followed in Love Potion No. 9, The Vanishing, The Thing Called Love and Demolition Man, but it was her spunky Annie Porter in the blockbuster Speed that made her a household name. She reprised the role in the less successful, Keanu-less sequel Speed 2: Cruise Control.
- Her first romantic comedy lead, in the hit While You Were Sleeping, garnered the actress her first Golden Globe nomination; she would also be so recognized for Miss Congeniality. Other rom coms on her résumé include Practical Magic, Forces of Nature, Two Weeks Notice, Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous and her newest film, The Proposal, which opens next week following a special sneak preview this Saturday.
- No stranger to dramas as well, her notable films in that genre include The Net, A Time to Kill, In Love and War, Hope Floats, 28 Days, Murder by Numbers, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Crash, The Lake House and Infamous. She also voiced Miriam in the animated epic The Prince of Egypt.
- Also due later this year: the comedy All About Steve and the sports drama The Blind Side.